ReporterGourmet Srl operates the www.reportergourmet.com website (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Reporter Gourmet S.r.l., headquartered at Via Tuveri No. 33, Cagliari, VAT number 03406920920, is the publishing company behind the online news outlet known as "Reporter Gourmet." The publication operates on the website and is registered with authorization number 15 from the Court of Cagliari, granted on May 17, 2012.
The Data Controller is the individual or entity that makes decisions about how to process data, including decisions about which precautions to take to protect the data, where to store the data (e.g., on servers or cloud), what data to request from the user, which data to process and for what purpose, who to transfer the data to, and how to manage the rights and relationships with users. The Data Controller also decides who to select as a collaborator, manager, or simply an assignee to process the data, and what instructions to give to these collaborators. For Reporter Gourmet S.r.l., the Data Controller is Pietro Pio Pitzalis.
Data Processing Managers
The following individuals or entities are responsible for data processing related to the specified categories:
- Technical Manager of the Website: This role is responsible for the technical management of the service and for the storage of data without access (hosting on third-party servers located in Europe, protection of systems as indicated by the Data Controller, maintenance of the service, backup, disaster recovery system, etc.).
- Authorized Personnel: Collaborators of Reporter Gourmet and consultants in fields that are beyond the competence of Reporter Gourmet S.r.l. are assigned the task of processing the data contained in the communications.
User data can also be processed by parties other than the staff of Reporter Gourmet S.r.l., but only if necessary to fulfill the user's request and within the limits necessary for that purpose. In any case, the data will be communicated to third parties with a precise statement of the purpose and subject to the user's prior authorization.
Data Collection and Usage
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
ReporterGourmet Srl uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify users about changes to our Service
- To allow users to participate in interactive features of our Service when they choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
ReporterGourmet Srl may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of ReporterGourmet Srl
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ReporterGourmet Srl aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Data Breach Management
In case of unauthorized access, theft, loss, destruction, disclosure, or modification of data (also referred to as a "Data Breach"), Reporter Gourmet S.r.l. commits to handling such situations responsibly, implementing the following actions:
- Immediate Response: Upon detection of a data breach, we will implement urgent technical measures to halt the event, if possible, and limit its harmful effects.
- Service Restoration: We will strive to restore the service as quickly as possible, recovering available data from the most recent backup.
- Communication to Users: In line with regulatory requirements, we will inform users of the event. The communication will be made directly if circumstances allow, or in a generic manner, through a notice posted on the website's homepage or via communication sent to all users. This communication will include information on the type of event, the time it occurred, the measures we have taken to limit the damage and prevent similar future events, as well as actions users can take to further protect their data and limit the consequences of the event.
Please note that, for security reasons, we will not disclose specific details that could facilitate future attacks. Moreover, in accordance with data protection laws, particularly the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we may be obligated to notify the event to the competent data protection authorities within 72 hours from the moment we become aware of it.
The security of your data is of paramount importance to Reporter Gourmet S.r.l., and we will do everything possible to protect your information and respond effectively to any data breach.
Last update date: June 2023